Thursday 29 December 2011

Review: Across the Universe by Beth Revis

AMY
has left the life she loves
for a world 300 years away.

Trapped in space and frozen in time, Amy is bound for a new planet. But fifty years before she's due to arrive, she is violently woken, the victim of an attempted murder. Now Amy's lost on board and nothing makes sense - she's never felt so alone.
Yet someone is waiting for her.
He wants to protect her -
and more if she'll let him

But who can she trust amidst the secrets and lies?
A killer is out there - and Amy has nowhere to hide...



Wow how do I describe this book? Well it is one of the best books that I have EVER read, let alone one of the best of 2011!

I am in awe that Beth Revis had the imagination to create such an amazing idea and went even further and made it into an amazing story!

Im going to start with Amy. I am so glad that Beth Revis wrote Amy in a way that made her likeable and relatable. There is nothing I hate more that being able to relate to a character. Now I'm not saying that I have been frozen in time and trapped in space and that I have been awaken 50 years earlier because that would be a lie but I can relate to Amys feelings of alienation. I mean who hasn't felt alienated at one point during their life? I love how Amy has this little infatuation with running. It's nice to read about a character that loves something that isn't drawing or reading, there is so many books that feature characters that love to read and draw. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with that. In point of fact I love characters like that but it was refreshing to read about a character that likes something different.

Elder. God how I love that name. I'll be honest and say that I did giggle at some of the names in this book but that doesn't mean I didn't like it! I love how he wants to help Amy, he wants to show her that she's not alone and that he's there for her. He was deffinately a character that I remembered way after I finished this book. (I finished it awhile ago but haven't gotten round to writing a review for it).

I particularly liked one of the non-main characters, if you read the book I'm sure you'll realise who it is. I can't say too much about him without spoiling it so I'm going to move swiftly along. P.S I love him.

I wouldn't say that I found this book predictable. I did find little parts predictable but when I thought I had figured something its almost as if the characters went 'hell no!' and did something unpredictable! I love that!

When I finished this book I wanted to read more! I finished and went 'NO! I need more!'. I cannot wait for the second book! Trust me I am counting down the days! I cannot wait to see what happens next to Amy and Elder!


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you loved this book. I have a copy waiting for me to read and it definitely sounds amazing. Yeah when I saw the name Elder I also laughed but its cool and unique. Thanks for the review I am so bumping this up my tbr pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awsome review! I have to read this book asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leona! I saw your button on Michele's blog Belle's tales...had to pop over and meet you. I don't know anyone in Ireland and I have wanted to visit Ireland forever! So now I am going to do the next best thing get to know someone from Ireland! This is a great review. I just loaded this on my Kindle the other day! I need to read this soon!

    ReplyDelete

Now you've read my thoughts, what are your?