Friday 13 July 2012

Review: Revived by Cat Patrick - Leona

Summary from Goodreads:
The world fades to nothing, and before I have the chance to think another thought...I'm dead. 

My name is Daisy West and my whole life is a lie. I'm part of a programme to test a drug called Revive - a drug that brings people back from the dead. I have died five times. I've been Revived five times. With each revival comes a new name, a new town...a new life. But this time, I won't let myself die. This time, I've found a love that I can't let go of. This time, I'm going to make my life my own.


First Line:
 I'm flattened and thrashing on the sun-warmed track next to the football field, lying on what looks like asphalt but what I realise, now that I'm down here, is actually that fake spongy stuff.

Having loved Cat Patrick's debut novel Forgotten I had high hopes for Revived. And let me tell you, it delivered and then some. This is Cat Patrick's second Young Adult novel. When I found out that Cat was writing a second novel I was very excited and couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy.

We are thrown head first into Daisy's world. It's not every book that the main character dies within the first three pages. And so begins Daisy's new identity in a new town. Daisy has died five times and is beginning to get fed up of it, which is understandable. 

After dying so many times Daisy has developed a very nonchalant look at death. That is until she's faced with a no coming back death. Cat has done a beautiful job at the characterization within this book. Daisy has a very relatable voice and it is very easy to become attached. I felt ever single emotion that Daisy felt within the book. Daisy went through a lot of situations in Revived. I even cried, it's true. It was a beautifully written scene that contained a lot of heart on behalf of the writer. We get to see a lot of growth from Daisy and every time something happens she reacts in a believable way.

The romance in this book is one of the sweetest romances that I have ever read. Just like any teenage romances there is a lot of hiccups. Matt and Daisy have a believable and sweet relationship and all I can say is that I want a guy like Matt! At first they live in this rosy haze that is until an event rocks them to their core. This event will either draw them together, or break them apart. 

This book really felt like a contemporary with a bit of supernatural mixed in. I can't recommend it enough! I loved Forgotten but I loved Revived so much more. 


1 comment:

  1. This looks really interesting; thanks for sharing :) I just found your blog and will definitely be following it from now on! I recently added some summer reading lists to my new blog if you want to take a look: http://heartisinthewriteplace.blogspot.com/
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Now you've read my thoughts, what are your?