Saturday 21 July 2012

Review: Blood On My Hands by Todd Strasser - Leona

Summary from Goodreads:
A powerful and uncompromising thriller – not for the faint-hearted.

Some girls are glamorous, beautiful … and deadly. Found kneeling by a dead body, with a bloody knife in her hand can only mean Callie Carson is guilty of the brutal murder of Katherine Remington – can’t it? Joining the in-crowd is tough; leaving is a killer. 

First line: 'In the dark woods behind the baseball dugout, I'm kneeling next to Katherine's body, my heart racing, my breaths shallow and fast, my emotions reeling crazily at the sight on the ground before me.'

This was the first book I had read by Todd Strasser. I absolutely adore it!

The story of it was so intriguing and it was hard not to be captivated. We are thrown straight into the action with our main character, Callie, found standing above her dead friend with a knife in her hand. So naturally, Callie runs.

Callie gets a lot of help throughout this book from her ex-boyfriend. There is a lot of tension in the book and you have to keep reading to see what happens. It is extremely addictive.

Todd Strasser wrote this book wonderfully and each character was brilliantly developed.

I love many shows that are based on the police, this book was right up my street. There was a heavy involvement from the police with Callie constantly listening to the police radio to hear if they have found her or not. I loved the twists and turn that carried on throughout this book. I was completely shocked when we discover a lot of things. It was brilliant.

I admit that the ending left me rather emotional. It was an ending that left me thinking "This can't be the ending. There has to be a sequel!". Unfortunately, that was not the case. To my dismay this is part of a series but the next book does not carry on from this one.

I enjoyed every aspect of this book, except the ending.



The book trailer:





2 comments:

  1. Awesome review! This one looks riveting but i couldn't help but call her 'idiot' in the trailer for picking up the knife lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's really good, the trailer doesn't do it any justice! I thought that too! :)

      Delete

Now you've read my thoughts, what are your?